European Vacation 2005

Jenn and Greg traveling in Europe, May of 2005.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Amsterdam!!!

Yep, we are here! We got in yesterday just after 2pm and we've been walking all over town ever since (except for a brief stop to sleep in our hotel...). Wow, what a great city. I think this remains my favorite! I just love the canals and bikes and generally friendly people. A nice change from the noisy grumpy hustle of Paris.

The weather has been excellent! I think we've really lucked out. Yesterday was a mix of cloudy and sunny. It did get really dark and threatening a little bit after we got here, but last night got nicer and it was sunny all day today.

Amsterdam is everything I remember, and a bit more. It is definitely more crowded than I remember. Sunday afternoon seemed like shoulder to shoulder in some of the more popular plazas. There are definitely more "coffeshops" than I remember. The trams are different. There is actually a ticket agent who rides around in each tram so that you can buy a ticket. However, we got 3 day passes in the train station when we first got off (although we've only rode once...). But, enough is familiar to me that I've actually been able to retrace some of the same steps that Shawn and I took when we were here before. Look for the matching photos that I'll post as soon as we get back... :-)

OK, Jenn's turn... :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes sense that the weather is nice - I find that what ever the weather in Seattle (usually raining) when I leave for Amsterdam, Amsterdam has the same weather. It is beautiful and sunny in Seatlle right now!

That is why everything seems so crowded - when the sun is out in Amsterday, so are the people!

Make sure to get some of that good Indonesian food!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home