European Vacation 2005

Jenn and Greg traveling in Europe, May of 2005.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Skipping Granada

Bad news. We just found out that the Alhambra in Granada is booked solid for the days that we could go. We're both very disappointed... :-( So, we have just decided to skip Granada all together and spend more time in Madrid and Sevilla. Word to the wise: book the Alhambra months in advance. Plan your whole vacation around it.

I managed to call long distance and book a bus tour of Avila and Segovia. Normally I don't go for bus tours, but I saw it on Expedia and decided to buy a voucher on a whim. We are booked for May the 8th. All in all, booking the bus tour went pretty well. So, I was embolden to try confirming our hotel reservation in Madrid.

So, here is how it goes:

phone: ring ring ring ring
her: Rafaelhoteles Atocha.
me: Hola. Habla inglés?
her: Yes.
me: I would like to confirm my reservation.
her: OK.
phone: click...click, click, click...dialtone....

Hmm, that's strange, I'll try again.

phone: ring ring ring ring
her: Rafaelhoteles Atocha. (clearly the same woman)
me: Umm, er, do you speak english?
her: yes.
me: Can I confirm a reservation?
her: yes.
phone: click...dead silence for several minutes... I hang up.

We'll try again after the next shift change. Next time I'll make Jenn call...

Update: Jenn called 9 hours latter and got through OK. Turns out the front desk needs to forward you to the booking desk and that's why I kept having problems... But, from now on, Jenn is doing all the hotel calling... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home